From an interview:
Right, and I know people who are who they are because of something horrible, like the death of a child. They have become strong and close to God because of it, but they can’t quite bring themselves to say they’re glad it happened!
Yeah. What part of who I am is because of the struggle? The ‘person you would have been’ doesn’t exist. I’m extremely glad to be who I am. But would I change the things that made me who I am? Of course. And that doesn’t make sense!
-Steve Gershom
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/simchafisher/2013/07/09/ex-gay-is-that-a-thing-an-interview-with-steve-gershom-part-two/#sthash.6utO0VjU.dpuf
Right, and I know people who are who they are because of something horrible, like the death of a child. They have become strong and close to God because of it, but they can’t quite bring themselves to say they’re glad it happened!
Yeah. What part of who I am is because of the struggle? The ‘person you would have been’ doesn’t exist. I’m extremely glad to be who I am. But would I change the things that made me who I am? Of course. And that doesn’t make sense!
-Steve Gershom
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/simchafisher/2013/07/09/ex-gay-is-that-a-thing-an-interview-with-steve-gershom-part-two/#sthash.6utO0VjU.dpuf
Comments
Post a Comment