What does it mean to love without counting the cost? to pour myself out like a libation. to love people enough to let them walk away and not resent it. But love them for it, to let them forget and to still remember, and remember with love.
No greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
if you think about it it’s really true. Family, you love inherently, it’s not always easy but you are bound to them. Friends, you chose to love, you love without the promise of love in return. The risk is greater. No wonder I struggle so much finding, forming and keeping good friendships. They are hard, the greatest love would be if I would lay down my life for them. To give without asking in return.
Teach me Jesus.
-A friend
No greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
if you think about it it’s really true. Family, you love inherently, it’s not always easy but you are bound to them. Friends, you chose to love, you love without the promise of love in return. The risk is greater. No wonder I struggle so much finding, forming and keeping good friendships. They are hard, the greatest love would be if I would lay down my life for them. To give without asking in return.
Teach me Jesus.
-A friend
Comments
Post a Comment